Hi friends! Let me first start off by saying that when I originally read this recipe, I thought, “There’s no way that this is going to work well on my face”.
I’ve always had sensitive skin and have always been prone to outbreaks. I cannot even begin to tell you how many products I’ve tried in the past 10 years. Some products would work for a little while and then practically overnight, I’d wake up with bad blemishes. Then I would try another product, it would work, and then it wouldn’t. This was a vicious cycle for me. Not to mention, it got pretty expensive.
Since I’ve been replacing most of my household and personal products with natural/nontoxic/safe products, I knew I had to at least try to make a face wash. At this point, what would I have to lose, right? So, I made it. From the very first time I used it, I was impressed. It removed EVERY single ounce of my make-up, it left my face feeling incredibly clean, and my skin felt moisturized. The only thing left was to wait and see if my face would break out from using it.
I’m ESTATIC to report that I’ve been using this face wash 2x’s a day for the past 4 months, and have the clearest skin in my entire life. I never in a million years, would’ve thought that something so natural (and so easy to make) would be so effective. Not to mention, I’ll be saving a TON of money!
This is definitely my favorite recipe yet!
Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- 1 tbsp. raw honey
- 1 oz. vegetable glycerin
- 2 oz. unscented castile soap
- 5 drops of Young Living lavender essential oil
- 5 drops of Young Living tea tree essential oil
- Melt honey, vegetable glycerin, & castile soap in a glass container (I put mine in a Pyrex glass bowl in the microwave). Times will vary, but be sure to check every 15 seconds and stir to help the melting process (you’re just trying to melt the ingredients together, not cook them).
2. Add essential oils.
3. Pour into a foaming soap dispenser.
4. Be prepared to have clear & glowing skin.
*If you have any questions about essential oils, or if you’re ready to begin your oil journey, please email me email@example.com