Hi friends! Yesterday, I told you about how I made homemade peppermint lip balm using my essential oils. In case you missed it, you can check it out here.
I couldn’t wait to share this incredibly easy recipe with you! I’ve always been super picky when it comes to lip balm. I used to use Blistex Naturals, but they no longer sell it in stores. I had to start buying it in bulk online. Needless to say, it was no longer convenient. Plus, since I’ve been more aware about the ingredients I put on my body, it made sense to start making my own. Boy, am I glad I did! Not only is it super easy to make, but I can control the ingredients that go into making it (and it saves some money)! It’s a win-win situation!
The other great thing about this recipe is that the possibilities of flavors/scents are endless! I’m thinking of making a lavender lemon lip balm next.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- 3 tbsp. Beeswax (the little pellets are best because they melt pretty quickly)
- 2 tbsp. cocoa butter
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 10 drops of Young Living peppermint essential oil (like I said, you can really use any kind of Young Living essential oil scent)
1. Melt beeswax, coconut butter, coconut oil together using a metal double-broiler (I also read that you could place a metal bowl inside of a slow cooker if you don’t have a double-broiler…be careful as it is very easy to burn yourself when melting the wax & oils).
2. Once melted, add essential oils.
3. Using a dropper (or small funnel), pour into lip balm tubes. Let harden. Attach a cute label & enjoy!
As a lip balm addict, I can honestly tell you this lip balm is moisturizing and leaves your lips feeling so soft!
If you’re interested in learning more about essential oils, or if you have any questions, please feel free to send me an email at email@example.com